In a lot of counter missionary debates there is much talk about how christians misuses prophecies to support the claim that Jesus is the messiah I realize there is further problems with the Christians usage of prophecy that will be listed below.
1. If one of the functions of a prophet was to identify the messiah why didn't God say so especially when he was lamenting the jewish people for not listening to the prophets that were sent time and time again when he told them to refrain from idol worship or violating commandments?
2. How come in the five books of Moses there is no commandment to listen to prophets because they can identify the messiah that will save us all from our sins?
3. If the one of the prophets function was to identify the messiah how come there is no mitzvah to preserve the writings of the prophets?
4. How come God didn't just place all 365 prophecies in the books of Moses or even in one section of the book of Moses such as the 35th chapter of Deuteronomy?
5. In the Messianic prophecies that talk about a davidic king ruling in the Messianic age how come they don't talk about his past as a prophet or teacher if the messiah is Jesus?
6. Since all the prophecies about Jesus were written centuries before he was ever even born could a person belief or be in relationship with messiah before Jesus was ever born?
7. If not why not just have all the prophecies about Jesus written a generation or two before Jesus instead?
8. Also how come there are no prophecies from the Christian side that talks about the Messiah having books written about him by his followers that will be read along side other prophetic books due to their divinely inspired nature of the writings?
9. Or even have prophecies written that followers of the messiah would be persecuted by their fellow jews?
10. Why didn't God commanded all Jews since Sinai to believe in the messiah before Jesus was born?
All in all even if the prophetic quotations about Jesus were accurate and Jesus was the messiah there would still be some fundamental philosophical problems with how God informed the people of Israel about the coming of Jesus.