MessiahTruth is a teaching forum, not a debate forum. The rules are common sense and if posters ask questions rather than "preaching" they will not violate any of these rules.
Please follow the forum rules as noted below:
- Treat others with respect. Posts that are deemed otherwise will be edited if possible or removed without explanation. Feel free to question any points made in a post, but do so in a respectful manner.
- This is a counter-missionary forum. Discussions here must relate to countering deceptive missionary tactics of various religions. Proselytizing (evangelizing) of other religions is not allowed. This includes links to or even "hints" of how to find missionary resources.
- Non-Jews are free to ask questions about Judaism but non-Jews attempting to teach (Judaism or other religions (see proselytizing prohibition in rule #2) will have their posts edited or removed. Such posts are misleading. We would ask the same of Jews who do not possess a working knowledge of Judaism (not their own personal opinions).
- Posts insulting Judaism, Jewish sages, Jewish teachings, etc. will be edited and / or deleted. Such insults may result in a suspension or even banning from participation on the Messiah Truth board. Feel free to question anything - including the sages, but do so in a respectful manner.
- Discussions about Jewish denominations are inappropriate. Take them offline. Such debates are outside the scope of this forum.
- Any posts containing statements asking for donations or speaking of financially difficulties which infer that donations should be sent to individuals will be edited or deleted.
- Polls are not allowed and will be deleted (they simply side track the forum and accomplish nothing).
- Links to Christian websites and other inappropriate religious sites are not allowed. If such a post is edited or removed by a moderator re-posting these links (even by name versus URL) will be removed and violaters may be temporarily or permanently banned.
- Excessive quoting from third party sources (websites, books, articles) is also inappropriate -- paraphrase a source as part of a question and quote a small portion. . . Excessive quoting may be a copyright infringement (also please reference a source with the author name, title and if possible a link -- assuming the link does not violate rule #8).
- Excessive posting from the Greek Text (Christian bible), Koran, Book of Mormon, or other non-Jewish sources is not allowed (it is proselytizing). Again one may reference them (e.g., "see John 1:1"), but not excessively paste them into posts.
- Proselytizing is not allowed. Explaining the Christian or Muslim (or other religion) position may be allowed if it does not result in evangelizing. The best way to avoid violating this rule is to phrase a position in the form of a question ("Isn't it true that. . .?"). Evangelical posts will be either edited or deleted.
- Personal attacks on other posters (including moderators) is not allowed (see rule #1). Such posts will be edited or deleted and if continued may result in the banning of the poster.
- Attempts to "hijack" topics via diversionary tactics, such as infusion of off-topic ideas and issues, are not permitted. Moderators will edit or delete such posts as deemed necessary.
- Spamming (excessive posting or flooding the forum) will result in posts being edited or deleted.
- Constant repetition by the same posters on the same topic that has already been answered multiple times will result in the post's deletion and possibly the thread's deletion.
- Any anti-Semitic (anti-Jewish or anti-Israel) comments will be deleted and the poster subject to banning
- Posts regarding the Israeli / Arab conflict or any other political posts (American politics, French, UK, etc.) are inappropriate as
this is a forum dedicated to Jewish education and not political debate.
- Do not use multiple identities to post.
- Avatars and signatures which are overtly evangelical in nature are not allowed (e.g., avatars with Jesus, Mary or other images which are idolatrous in Judaism are not permitted).
- Do not use advertisements or provide links to business services for sale.
- This list may be changed from time to time.